I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

US Under Secretary of the Treasury Visits Iraq

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gente

gente

US Under Secretary of the Treasury Visits Iraq

Posted on 22 March 2012.

The U.S. Department of the Treasury announced today that Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence David S. Cohen is traveling to Iraq, Lebanon and the United Arab Emirates this week to discuss international sanctions against Iran and Syria as well as the United States’ continued efforts to combat global terrorism.

Continuing the Treasury Department’s engagement with international partners and allies in the region, Under Secretary Cohen will meet with senior government officials and bank representatives this week in Beirut, Lebanon and Abu Dhabi and Dubai, U.A.E. Discussions will focus on the status of international sanctions against the Iranian and Syrian regimes.

Under Secretary Cohen will brief officials on the new U.S. sanctions against the Central Bank of Iran, and discus international efforts to tighten sanctions against Syria, including those announced by the Arab League. Under Secretary Cohen’s meetings will also focus on other issues of common interest, including continued cooperation on efforts to disrupt the financial and support networks of terrorist organizations.

Earlier this week, Under Secretary Cohen visited Baghdad, Iraq to discuss a similar set of issues with senior government officials there.
http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2012/03/22/us-under-secretary-of-the-treasury-visits-iraq/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum