I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ban appoints his Iraq Special Envoy to DR Congo-Kobler out of Iraq

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gente

gente

Ban appoints his Iraq Special Envoy to DR Congo

06/10/2013 | 08:30 PM

UNITED NATIONS, June 10 (KUNA) -- Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has appointed Martin Kobler, his current Special Representative for Iraq, as his Special Representative for the UN Organization Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic (DR) of the Congo (MONUSCO).

Kobler, who is also Head of the UN Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI), will be also leading the (MONUSCO), Ban's spokesman Martin Nesirky told the daily press briefing on Monday.

He did not say who will replace Kobler in Iraq, saying simply that the UN will announce his replacement soon enough. The Security Council is scheduled to examine the Iraq-Kuwait situation before Kobler joins his new post in August.

Kobler will succeed Roger Meece of the United States who will complete his assignment in July. The Secretary General is grateful for his "outstanding contribution and dedicated service for the past three years in supporting the implementation of MONUSCO's mandate." Kobler, a German national, brings with him a vast experience in shaping international policies in conflict areas with more than 25 years in his country's Foreign Service and as a Senior United Nations Official.

Prior to becoming Special Representative in UNAMI, Kobler served as Deputy Special Representative with the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) from 2010 to 2011. He also served as his country's Ambassador to Iraq and Egypt.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum