I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Empty CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:24 pm

MrsCK

SORRY FOLKS...it is NOT all gone just some of it got moved today...windreader also post another article here:
https://dinaroutcast.forumotion.com/t11155-un-council-brings-iraq-closer-to-end-of-1990s-sanctions

UN Security Council votes to remove Iraq from Chapter 7 of Charter
Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:12PM GMT

The UN Security Council has voted to remove Iraq from Chapter 7 of the UN Charter, unanimously agreeing to lift the UN sanctions imposed on Baghdad following the 1990 invasion of Kuwait by the executed dictator Saddam Hussein.

On Thursday, the 15-memebr body agreed that the issue of missing Kuwaiti people, property and archives should be handled under Chapter 6, instead of Chapter 7.

Chapter 6 of the UN Charter urges peaceful resolution of any conflict between the countries, while Chapter 7 authorizes the council to allow measures such as sanctions or military intervention if countries do not meet its demands.

The council’s resolution recognized “the importance of Iraq achieving international standing equal to that which it held prior to (1990).”

The decision is regarded as a major political upgrade for Iraq as it struggles to restore its international status a decade after the US-led invasion toppled Saddam in 2003.

Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari praised the council’s move, saying the move heralds a new start for the ties between Iraq and Kuwait.

“This is a new beginning for the relations between our two neighborly and brotherly countries. This is an example for other countries also to resolve their disputes and differences through peaceful means,” he said.

UN diplomatic sources say the only issues regarding Iraq's invasion of Kuwait which remain under Chapter 7 are an arms ban and the country’s payment of USD 52 billion in compensation to Kuwait.

Iraq still owes USD 11 billion to Kuwait. It hopes to settle it by 2015.

2CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Empty Re: CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:18 pm

gente

gente

I've been trying to explain this all morning to friends and family, and on a few other forums. Nobody wants to listen CK...let em believe what they want, it won't change a thing. They will still be waiting here in November...

3CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Empty Re: CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:40 pm

windreader1

Unfortunately, most individuals including the guru's do not understand the legalities that are involved.  It also appears that many do not actually read the documentation.  I remember one guru several years ago was claiming Chapter VII had been removed because of the wording "recalling all resolutions".  He argued that meant the resolutions had been recalled as in cancelled.  Additionally he tried to argue this point based on the renewal of the UNAMI mission which is not even under Chapter VII.  His inaccuracy was due to the fact that he had never actually researched any of the history of the Security Council in order to understand the legal wording of the documents.  This same individual a couple of years later tried to argue that UNAMI was under Chapter VII.  His inaccuracy was again due to a complete failure to research the issue and understand the legal terms used in the resolutions.  Of course subsequent events has proved him 100% wrong in both cases.  I am sure he is still out there somewhere and taking the same position along with others, that Iraq has been completely removed from Chapter VII.

4CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Empty Re: CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:55 pm

MrsCK

Here is one from IRAQ NEWSPAPER:

Al Arabiya
After recognizing improved Iraq-Kuwait relations, the U.N. Security Council on Thursday unanimously voted to ease sanctions against Baghdad.

Sanctions were imposed on Iraq after Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in the 1990’s. The embargo on Iraq falls under Chapter VII of the U.N. charter.

Iraq still needs to return missing property, national treasures and archives, as well as reparations for the invasion, in order to fully exit from Chapter VII.

The sanctions have been eased but not lifted given Iraq still owes around $11 billion to Kuwait.

In total, Iraq was ordered by the U.N. to pay the Gulf country just over $52 billion. The debt is expected to be fully paid off by 2015.

Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari described the U.N. decision as a “landmark, a milestone, in the history of the relationship between Iraq and the international community,” AFP reported.

Zebari thanked Kuwait for its “support and assistance” and vowed to increase cooperation with the country.

“All the negative aspects of relations between the two countries have become another page of the past and we shall focus on the present and the future,” he was quoted saying by AFP.

The resolution adopted Thursday calls on the Iraqi government to continue searching for more than 600 missing Kuwaitis and looted property but no longer allows for the measures to be enforced militarily.

Meanwhile, Iraq found the remains of 236 missing Kuwaitis.

While Kuwait giving the go-ahead to build Mubarak port close to Iraq’s Umm Qasr harbor infuriated Baghdad in 2011, general relations between the two countries improved.

Regular flights between Baghdad and Kuwait resumed after more than two decades hiatus this year. Also, Kuwait’s Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Mubarak al-Sabah went on a surprise one-day visit to Baghdad this month in a key sign of the thaw.

5CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Empty Re: CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:00 pm

MrsCK

Gente....ME TOO!! I have talked until I'm blue!!! Nobody wants to "listen" so I give up! Let them figure it out in a month or two when the UN HAS ANOTHER MEETING ON CHAPTER 7!!! Sheesh

Wind...can we say "End of Dec. 2010 DEJAVU!"

Is dinarland so "brain dead" that they see some guru screaming "it done" that they want to argue with someone that saying "no it is not, they are still under 7 read the articles coming out"!!!!!!!! I do not get it...oh well the folks that come by here to "read" can see our comments...at least we are not blowing smoke up their tail pipes like all the dinar forums out there.

6CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Empty Re: CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:15 pm

gente

gente

It's delusion at it's finest CK

7CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Empty Re: CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:40 pm

gente

gente

I just popped into DinarVets... Adam Montana's got everyone convinced they're out of CH7...you should see the arguments going on over there. Oh boy...what a bunch morons.

8CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Empty Re: CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:56 pm

MrsCK

Agree Gente...I'm having battles in my emails all day today. I give up!!! I just sent Wind the UN resolution so she can work her legal magic on it....she know every in and out of ALL RESOLUTION on Iraq....so I wait for her comment on it. I'm sure she will make a post stating what LEFT chapter 7 and what is STILL UNDER chapter 7.

Sheesh the bloody articles point blank say...Chapter 7 is still there.

oh well...the drama of chapter 7 continues. But I do know one thing to be FACT is when the UN has their NEXT MEETING to talk about Chapter 7...then people will FINALLY GET IT...it is still there.

9CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Empty Re: CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:05 pm

MrsCK

At least one news site gets it:

Iraq Not Ready For Prime Time ~ 2 More Years To Sovereignty: Iraq To Remain Under U.N. Chapter VII Until 2015!

Posted on June 27, 2013

The U.N. Security Council unanimously agreed today (Thursday) to move several outstanding issues between Iraq and Kuwait from Chapter VII to Chapter VI of the UN Charter, reports Reuters.

Chapter VII allows the Security Council to authorize actions ranging from sanctions to military intervention if states do not abide by council demands, while Chapter VI urges countries to peacefully resolve any conflicts.

The council unanimously agreed that the issue of missing Kuwaiti people, property and archives should be dealt with under Chapter VI; the only issues linked to Iraq’s invasion of Kuwait that remain under Chapter VII are an arms embargo and Baghdad’s outstanding reparations of $11 billion, which it expects to pay by 2015.

The move by the council is a significant political boost for Baghdad as it struggles to restore its international standing.

The Security Council resolution recognized the importance of Iraq achieving international standing equal to that which it held prior to its invasion of Kuwait in 1990.

Reuters says there are still a range of Chapter VII issues imposed on Baghdad after Saddam’s ouster in 2003, including the freeze and return of Saddam-era assets and trade ban on stolen Iraqi cultural property.

UNITED NATIONS, June 26 (KUNA)

– Iraqi Foreign Minister Hozhyar Zebari is scheduled to address the Security Council, tomorrow Thursday, as it votes on a draft resolution that would partially exit Iraq from Chapter VII of the UN Charter, and end the post of the high-level coordinator for missing Kuwaitis and property it created in 1999.

------------

The Council would, however, transfer these two humanitarian issues, under Chapter VI, to the attention of the UN Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI), taking into consideration the Kuwaiti conditions aimed at having them constantly under Council review.

-----------

The resolution would call on Baghdad, in furtherance of its commitment to facilitate the repatriation of all Kuwaiti and third-country nationals or their remains still unaccounted for, to continue cooperation with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) by providing any information about them.

-----------------

It would also urge Baghdad to continue efforts to search for missing Kuwaiti property, including the national archives, through its inter-ministerial committee.
The Council would request the Head of UNAMI to promote, support and facilitate efforts regarding the repatriation or return of all Kuwaiti and third country nationals or their remains, and the return of Kuwaiti property, including the national archives, seized by Iraq during the seven-month invasion.

------------------

In response to Kuwaiti demands, the Council would request the Secretary-General to report separately to the Council on these matters in his reports on the progress made towards the fulfillment of all UNAMI’s responsibilities. It would also request the Secretary-General to consider designating his Deputy Special Representative at UNAMI to be responsible for overseeing these issues and ensuring appropriate resources for them.

---------------

It would further express its intention to review the modalities of the reporting mechanism, in the event that UNAMI’s mandate is terminated, “with a view towards considering a continued role for the United Nations in such matters if needed.” The Council would finally decide to “remain seized of the matter.”

-----------------

The Council would welcome in the draft resolution’s preambular part both Iraq and Kuwait’s efforts to advance regional stability, and “all the positive steps that have been taken by the Government of Iraq to fulfill resolution 833 of 1993″ related to the border between the two neighbouring countries. It would recognize that the situation existing now in Iraq is “significantly different” from when the Saddam regime invaded Kuwait in August 1990, and the “importance of Iraq achieving international standing equal” to that which it held prior to that date.

--------------------

It would also “welcome Iraq’s continued demonstration of its commitment to the full implementation of its outstanding obligations under the relevant Chapter VII resolutions, namely the continuation of payment of the outstanding amount of compensation administered by the United Nations Compensation Commission.”

Iraq will continue to pay, under Chapter VII, 5 percent of its oil revenue to Kuwait to compensate for war damages. The payments will continue until 2015.
Baghdad paid Kuwait so far some USD 30 billion out of USD 41 billion in war reparations.
Zebari was quoted as telling a press conference in late May that “if we continue at this pace, I think that in 2015, after paying all the war compensation, Iraq will be completely removed from Chapter VII.”

Contrary to Chapter VII which threatens with “action by air, sea, or land forces as may be necessary to maintain or restore international peace and security,” Chapter VI stipulates that the Council shall “call on the parties to settle their dispute by negotiation, mediation, arbitration, judicial settlement,” or other peaceful means of their choice.”

The Council expressed “deep appreciation” to the late Ambassador Yuli Vorontsov and Ambassador Gennady Tarasov, both Russian nationals, who in their capacity of successive High-Level Coordinators, devoted their professional skills to build trust between Iraq and Kuwait, and contributed to the full normalization of their relations. (end) sj.mt KUNA 262237 Jun 13NNNN

http://politicalvelcraft.org/2013/06/27/iraq-not-ready-for-prime-time-2-more-years-to-sovereignty-iraq-to-remain-under-u-n-chapter-vii-until-2015/#comments

10CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Empty Re: CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:06 pm

gente

gente

Now the lemmings in dinarland have been told it's already RV'd and we have to wait two weeks "for the rate to show", hahahaha...the gurus are havin a field day with this one....

11CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Empty Re: CHAPTER 7 IS NOT GONE!!! Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:02 am

windreader1

We seem to be the voice of reason in a sea of madness, LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum