I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraqi capital to host Turkish fairs again

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Iraqi capital to host Turkish fairs again Empty Iraqi capital to host Turkish fairs again Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:17 pm

Iraqi capital to host Turkish fairs again
PUKmedia 02-08-2009 16:04:33
Iraq's capital Baghdad is going to host a Turkish fair for the first time in September, since the invasion of the country 7 years ago. Turkish fairs have not been held in Baghdad since 2003 due to security problems.
As a first step, a "Turkish Export Products Fair" promoting the infrastructure sector will be held in Baghdad between September 27-29.
Several other fairs on medical supplies, ready-to-wear sector, leather, shoes and accessories, furniture, home textile, carpets, machinery and agriculture are also expected to be held until the end of 2009.
Commenting on the upcoming fairs, Bilgin Aygul, board member of the Turkish-Iraqi Business Council, said that Iraq had a great potential for Turkish exporters.
Aygul said Iraq was an important market for Turkish businessmen especially during the current global economic crisis.
"A new era begins in Iraq. Nearly 40 Turkish firms reopened their offices in Baghdad. Everybody prefers THY's Baghdad flights. Turkish Ziraat Bank's opening a branch in the Iraqi capital is of great importance for trade," Aygul said.
On the other hand, officials said that Turkey's exports to Iraq were on the rise despite the global crisis.
Although Turkey's exports to many countries dropped in the first half of 2009, its exports to Iraq increased by 66 percent and exceeded 2.5 billion USD, officials said.
-AA.com-
http://pukmedia.com/english/index.ph...12512&Itemid=1

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum