I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

USA on the road out of Iraq

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1USA on the road out of Iraq Empty USA on the road out of Iraq Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:04 am

Roxy

Roxy

USA on the road out of Iraq
BAGHDAD, 31 AUG: The US military is packing up to leave Iraq in what has been deemed the largest movement of manpower and equipment in modern military history shipping out more than 1.5 million pieces of equipment from tanks to antennas along with a force the size of a small city. The massive operation already under way a year ahead of the 31 Aug, 2010 deadline to remove all US combat troops from Iraq shows the US military has picked up the pace of a planned exit from Iraq that could cost billions.
The goal is to withdraw tens of thousands of troops and about 60 percent of equipment out of Iraq by the end of next March, Brig Gen Heidi Brown, a deputy commander charged with overseeing the withdrawal, told The Associated Press in one of the first detailed accounts of how the US military plans to leave Iraq.
Convoys carrying everything from armoured trucks to radios have been rolling near daily through southern Iraq to Kuwait and the western desert to Jordan since President Barack Obama announced the deadline to remove combat troops. AP

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum