I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did we make a differance in Iraq

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Did we make a differance in Iraq Empty Did we make a differance in Iraq Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:36 am

lionheart

lionheart

Or did we just slow things down.

The double suicide bombing in Baghdad on Sunday was the deadliest attack in Iraq for over two years. It claimed more than 130 lives, and wounded hundreds more.

But the attack was by no means unique, or entirely unexpected.

In form, it followed a pattern that has by now become grimly familiar in Iraq: two explosions, the second following shortly after the first, catching the security and emergency services as they rush in to help.

It is the same black hands who are covered in the blood of the Iraqi people

Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki

In pictures: Baghdad blasts
The use of vehicles, packed with explosives is also nothing new to Iraq.

Government ministries were the target of Sunday's attacks, just as they were on 19 August, when around 100 people were killed.

The Iraqi government blamed that bombing on Syria, saying Damascus was providing a safe-haven for foreign fighters and insurgents planning and executing attacks inside Iraq.

The Syrian government has denied the charge, but in Baghdad, prominent members of the government are already linking the two incidents.

The fear is that such attacks will become more frequent as militant groups attempt to destabilise Iraq in the run-up to the parliamentary election scheduled for mid-January.

As he clambered over the rubble at the bombsite, Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki blamed Sunday's explosions on the "black hand" of al-Qaeda and Baathists loyal to the late former president, Saddam Hussein.

DEADLIEST ATTACKS SINCE 2003
Aug 2007: More than 500 killed in attacks on villages near Sinjar
Jul 2007: 150 killed in truck bombing in Tuz Khurmato
Apr 2007: 191 killed in car bombings in Baghdad
Mar 2007: 152 killed in truck bombing in Tal Afar
Feb 2007: 135 killed in truck bombing in Baghdad
Nov 2006: 202 killed in multiple blasts in Baghdad
Mar 2004: 171 killed in bombings in Baghdad and Karbala
In Washington, Barack Obama said he was outraged by the bombings, which he said were an attempt to derail the progress made in Iraq.

But the blasts present a problem for the US president.

The US military presence in Iraq is still around 120,000-strong.

Mr Obama wants all combat troops out of the country by the end of August, in preparation for a full military withdrawal by 2012. But if the security situation deteriorates, he may have to revise that timetable.

Both Iraqis and the Americans will now be asking searching questions about Iraqi's security forces: are they competent and well-trained enough to secure the country? And are they immune from infiltration by insurgents?

After Sunday's attacks there will be some who will argue that the answer to both these questions is "no".

I think as I always have, The names of much of the countrys have changed since the bible times. If you go back in time and find out what any perticular city was named in
Bible times, it is almost like readying the continuation of all the wars in the Bible times of the old testiment. If you do this it will be a eye opener for you.
Just my opinion

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum