I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gibbs defends Biden claim that Iraq is a great Obama achievement, though both men opposed it

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littlekracker

Gibbs defends Biden claim that Iraq is a great Obama achievement, though both men opposed it
Feb 12
Top Stories

Democrat vice president Joe Biden with Larry King on CNN 2-10-10

Obama Press Secretary Robert Gibbs was asked during the daily White House briefing Thursday about VP Joe Biden's strange statement the previous night that the Iraq war was one of the young Obama administration "great achievements."

First reported here on The Ticket early Thursday, the oft-gaffe-prone Biden went on Larry King's CNN show and said:

I am very optimistic about -- about Iraq. I mean, this could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You're going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer. You're going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government.

The statement claiming credit for the ultimately favorable outcome in Iraq was striking to many. This is because:

a) Obama had opposed the war from the beginning,

b) both Obama and Biden opposed the U.S. troop surge of 2007 by President George W. Bush widely credited with producing the relative peace and stability to enable a U.S. exit,

c) both Obama and Biden predicted incorrectly that the troop surge would actually worsen sectarian strife there. Watch this Obama video interview from MSNBC in 2007:

http://www.newsbyme.info/?p=16674...the link for anyone wanting to see the video

I would rather see a video on the G7 central banks meeting in Canada then what these puppets had to say.

azdinar

All I can think is this not a little ass back words. It is Bush fault for the economy and Iraq is Obama achievement even though he voted against surge.

All I have to say tell all the politicians to take a 75% pay cut like 10% of the Americans unemployed. That will help a little with the budget. Also stop with the blame game and work on a solution to the problems

littlekracker

February 14, 2010
Categories:

* Iraq

Cheney on Biden comments: 'A little strange'

Former Vice President Dick Cheney Sunday shot back directly at Vice President Joe Biden’s assertion that success in Iraq will be one of the Obama administration’s great achievements, calling it “a little strange.”

Chuckling after he was read Biden’s statement, Cheney said, “I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by my friend Joe Biden.”

“I’m glad he now believes Iraq is a success,” Cheney said on ABC's "This Week," adding that Biden and President Obama campaigned criticizing the Bush administration on Iraq and opposed the surge. “For them to try and take credit for what happened in Iraq strikes me as a little strange," Cheney said.

If the Obama administration is going to take credit for the drawdown of troops and democratic government in Iraq, Cheney said, it should come with “a healthy dose of thank you George Bush,” because those changes are “in accordance to the timetable that we initiated.”

Cheney, responding to Biden's comments in an interview on NBC's “Meet the Press” taped Saturday, said his replacement as vice president was “dead wrong” to say another terrorist attack on the scale of 9/11 is unlikely.

A nuclear attack, or one similar to 9/11, is “the biggest strategic threat” facing the United States, Cheney said.

“If the mindset is it’s not likely,” he added, then it’s difficult for the administration to mobilize the resources needed to combat such a threat.

On Iraq, Cheney said he believes “very deeply” that the war in Iraq was the right thing to do, responding to Biden's claim on NBC that the war there was not worth it.

Cheney backed down from his criticism of Obama’s assertion that the Christmas Day Bomber was the “act of an isolated extremist,” saying that the president eventually changed his view.

“It’s the mindset that concerns me,” Cheney said , adding that the Obama administration was slow to “come to that recognition that we are at war.”

Cheney, however, offered unflinching support for Obama’s strategy in Afghanistan.

“I’m a complete supporter of what they’re doing in Afghanistan,” Cheney said. Obama made the right decision by deploying 30,000 additional troops there, he said, “although it took him a while to get there.”

“I’m glad they’re doing what they’re doing,” Cheney said, although he also said members of the Obama administration, such as Attorney General Eric Holder, continue to treat terrorists and terror issues with a pre-9/11 mindset.

Cheney also argued that it’s unlikely that Obama will close the military detention center for suspected terrorists at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

“I wouldn’t be surprised” if the prison stays open, he said. “It’s a valuable facility. There’s a reason why we set it up.”

littlekracker

this is a perfect example of how screwed up our government leaders REALLY are..lmaoooooooooooooooooooooo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum