I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq says it wants better Syrian ties

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Iraq says it wants better Syrian ties Empty Iraq says it wants better Syrian ties Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:25 pm

littlekracker

Iraq says it wants better Syrian ties
March 2, 2010

Iraq's vice president said in Damascus on Tuesday that his country wanted to improve Syrian-Iraqi relations, which soured following last year's bomb attacks in Baghdad.

In a meeting with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, Tarek al-Hashemi delivered "a message from the Iraqi government expressing its commitment to developing bilateral relations in all fields," the Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA) reported.

In turn, Assad said he hoped Iraq's March 7 legislative elections would "return security and agreement among all components of the Iraqi people," the state news agency said.

It said that Hashemi, who arrived Monday, expressed appreciation for "Syrian support for the Iraqi people, especially by accommodating Iraqi refugees on its soil."

Bilateral relations between the two neighbours effectively collapsed last August after the countries withdrew their respective envoys in the wake of massive twin truck bombings in Baghdad, which Iraq says were orchestrated from Syria.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum