I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

KRG New Authority to Sign Oil & Gas Agreements in Iraqi Kurdistan

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

IRAQ - NEW HCL - soon ready? Look at this -BREAKING NEWS-

KRG New Authority to Sign Oil & Gas Agreements in Iraqi Kurdistan

Saturday, May 15th 2010 9:33 AM

Sulaimaniyah, May 15 (AKnews) – The head of the previous gas and oil commission in the Iraqi parliament has announced today that the potential gas and oil law will give Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) authority to sign contracts with foreign companies in Kurdistan Region.

“The Iraqi gas and oil law will limit the power of the country’s oil minister, which allows the Kurdistan Region to sign agreement with the foreign companies without restrictions,” Ali H. Balo said.
This law will come into power limiting the authority of the oil minister in Iraq.

Media channels quoted earlier former oil minister Hussein Shahrstani saying: “Kurdistan Region will not have full authority to drill out oil in Kurdistan soil.”

The KRG has authority to mutual agreements with the foreign companies and then the contracts are sent to oil and gas commission in Iraqi parliament.

The oil and gas commission will welcome the Kurdistan Region’s oil agreements and contracts according to the principles of oil agreements in Iraq.

The Kurdistan Region’s oil agreements are permanent source of disputes between the central government of Iraq and KRG.

Ba/ae AKnews

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/2/145559/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum