I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

IMF to finance 508 k.m. highway in Iraq

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1IMF to finance 508 k.m. highway in Iraq Empty IMF to finance 508 k.m. highway in Iraq Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:42 am

windreader1

IMF to finance 508 k.m. highway in Iraq

By Ali al-Shattab

Azzaman, August 17, 2011

The Ministry of Construction and Housing is to build a highway linking Baghdad with Turkey, the ministry said in a statement.

It said the 508 k.m.-long highway will be financed by the International Monetary Fund.

The statement gave no details on the type and size of the loan the bank is to extend to Iraq.

But it said a bank’s delegation visited the country recently to oversee Iraq’s preparation to start the project.

“This project is a challenge to the ministry since it assumes great economic significance for the country,” the statement said, quoting minister Mohammed Saheb as saying.

Iraq built in the 1980s a nearly 1,000 k.m.-long highway linking its southern port of Basra with both Jordan and Syria.

The highway to Turkey was planned but it was shelved due to the ruinous 1980-1988 war with Iran.

Once completed, Iraq will have one of the most extensive and modern highways in the Middle East, linking its southern ports and major cities with neighboring states.

MrsCK

amazingggggggggggggg how iraq gets everybody to pay for stuff

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum