I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

US bridges & roads being built by Chinese firms, not American

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gente

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/us-bridges-roads-built-chinese-firms-14594513?tab=9482930?ion=1206853&playlist=14594944

Panhead

Admin
and we have how many folks unemployed?......here's an idea....all these people drawing welfare checks surely some have skills needed for this

gente

I watched this- some idiot project manager was saying there were no skilled welders available to work on the Bay Bridge project...I know at least 3 welders personally that have been barely scraping by the last few years, in San Francisco alone..and that's only me...there's more than enough skilled labor for these projects...just more greed, and shipwrecking the economy...what a crock of shit!

Panhead

Admin
concur gente.....know many skilled craftsmen from masons to welders struggling with pickup work trying to get by.....even aviation
types like me and machinist also

gente

Yep, pretty much all of my good friends are in some type of contruction..and they are all trying to hustle any kind of work they can. I was a Sheet Metal/HVAC Mechanic myself till I injured my back 13 years ago....I'd be flipping out right now if I were still in contruction..things still aren't easy, but nowhere near as bad as some of my friends in the trades have had it ...when I watched this, it was just another slap in the face to the American people...

Panhead

Admin
lol....that's what I do....sheetmetal/structral mechanic......but also qualified aviation electrician also.

gente

Panhead wrote:lol....that's what I do....sheetmetal/structral mechanic......but also qualified aviation electrician also.

Cool Pan...I spent a lot of those years as a fabrication foreman in and out of the shop..really enjoyed building something out of nothing but a flat piece of steel or copper...

chevy#3

gente wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/us-bridges-roads-built-chinese-firms-14594513?tab=9482930?ion=1206853&playlist=14594944
chinese "coolie" labor....just like the 1800's railroads that were built here.

MrsCK

chevy#3 wrote: chinese "coolie" labor....just like the 1800's railroads that were built here.

OH MY GOSH I just told donn on the phone...like when they built the railroad system yearsssss ago!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum