I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Europe wants the Group of Twenty strengthen IMF funds

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gente

gente

Europe wants the Group of Twenty strengthen IMF funds

April 3, 2012

COPENHAGEN (Reuters)

EU officials said on Saturday that the EU is expected of the leaders of the Group of Twenty agreed to contribute more money into the International Monetary Fund in April, after the establishment of Europe to increase the size of the rescue funds of their own.

And wants the IMF to increase its resources to more than double by collecting $ 600 billion to help countries in the face of the crisis of the euro zone debt.

But most of the Group of Twenty says that before doing any pumping new funds at the IMF, it should be first on the euro zone increased the size of their financial contributions to resolve the crisis of sovereign debt.

In response, the finance ministers decided the seven years that use the euro on Friday, raising the energy lending for rescue funds belonging to the countries of the region to 700 billion euros, 500 billion.

The Minister of Economy Danish Margaret Fstager whose country holds the rotating presidency of the European Union, told reporters "It is important to ensure that sufficient resources are available to the IMF to play its destruction in the global economy and an agreement yesterday in the euro group ... is very important in this regard."

Looking and finance ministers and central bank governors of the Group of Twenty increase IMF resources during a meeting being held in Washington on April 22.

Fstager said "It is time to increase the resources of the Fund. Hurt this in the interest of all countries and although the focus is on Europe, it is important to realize that there are weaknesses in other parts of the world as well."
"I think and I hope this is what we are seeking to reach an agreement in April."

But five large emerging economies - Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa - said it would not support any increase in the resources of the IMF unless they had greater influence within the IMF reforms, as happened in 2010.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum