I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spain suspends the Schengen treaty at the summit of the ECB (closed borders to avoid threats to European Central Bank meeting in May in Barcelona

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

Spain suspends the Schengen treaty at the summit of the ECB (closed borders to avoid threats to European Central Bank meeting in May in Barcelona
original text in Spanish...havn't found any articles in English published yet.

[link to www.larazon.es]

from Google translate:

Spain suspends the Schengen treaty at the summit of the ECB

Spain suspended the Schengen Treaty and temporarily restore border controls to France during the summit of the European Central Bank (ECB) this May 3 in Barcelona, with the expected influx of activists "anti" to the city.

This has been confirmed Interior Ministry sources, which explain that the measure will only affect border crossings between Spain and France, from the Basque country to Catalonia.

Has not yet been finalized which days will be suspended the Schengen Treaty, about a week, this all depends on the security needs of the appointment of the ECB and the police reports, which point to the arrival in Barcelona of violent protesters would claim boycott the meeting.

Parallel to this suspension of border movement, the Ministry of Interior and the Department of Interior of the strengthened police in Barcelona

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

BTW...

The Schengen Agreement is a treaty signed on 14 June 1985 near the town of Schengen in Luxembourg, between five of the ten member states of the European Economic Community. It was supplemented by the Convention implementing the Schengen Agreement 5 years later. Together these treaties created Europe's borderless Schengen Area, which operates very much like a single state for international travel with external border controls for travellers travelling in and out of the area, but with no internal border controls.

The borderless zone created by the Schengen Agreements, the Schengen Area, currently consists of 26 European countries, covering a population of over 400 million people (wikipedia

gente

gente

Hmmmmm...wonder if they're about to boot the Euro

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum