I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

dinar quote--SIGIR report

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1dinar quote--SIGIR report Empty dinar quote--SIGIR report Mon May 21, 2012 11:24 am

windreader1

Background

"The Office of the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction (SIGIR) is the successor to the Coalition Provisional Authority Office of Inspector General (CPA-IG).

SIGIR was created in October 2004 by a congressional amendment to Public Law 108-106 triggered by the June 28, 2004, dissolution of the CPA.

The amendment allows SIGIR to continue the oversight that CPA-IG had established for Iraq reconstruction programs and operations. Specifically, SIGIR is mandated with the oversight responsibility of the use, and potential misuse, of the Iraq Relief and Reconstruction Fund (IRRF) and all obligations, expenditures, and revenues associated with reconstruction and rehabilitation activities in Iraq."

The following is a quote from the 33rd quarterly report to Congress. This is on page 84 of the report.

"In April 2012, The CoM postponed indefinitely plans for a currency reform that would have removed three zeros from the Iraqi dinar in 2013 and required the issuance of new currency notes. The reform would have made the dinar’s value slightly less than $1. It is currently worth less than on-tenth of a cent."

2dinar quote--SIGIR report Empty Re: dinar quote--SIGIR report Mon May 21, 2012 11:24 am

windreader1

I know the link to the report has been posted. I do not know if this quote was posted.

3dinar quote--SIGIR report Empty Re: dinar quote--SIGIR report Mon May 21, 2012 11:27 am

wellcraft

That does'nt sound good Sad

4dinar quote--SIGIR report Empty Re: dinar quote--SIGIR report Mon May 21, 2012 2:27 pm

MrsCK

Think they need to RV the old currency before they start talking about new currency...just saying...LOL

5dinar quote--SIGIR report Empty Re: dinar quote--SIGIR report Mon May 21, 2012 10:33 pm

windreader1

I think the new currency would be the lower denominations. What struck me was the revaluaton of the dinar was even mentioned let alone stating a new value and this in a report to Congress.

6dinar quote--SIGIR report Empty Re: dinar quote--SIGIR report Tue May 22, 2012 5:10 am

lionheart

lionheart

I agree with Mrsck,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum