I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Second RBS computer glitch hits bank’s savers as 100,000 customers' balances are not updated

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gente

gente

Second RBS computer glitch hits bank’s savers as 100,000 customers' balances are not updated

The hitch came a fortnight after the RBS computer breakdown

Thinkbanking forced to provide emergency cash to those affected

7 July 2012 | UPDATED: 19:20 EST, 7 July 2012

Thousands were left out of pocket yesterday after the Royal Bank of Scotland was at the centre of a new computer meltdown.
About 100,000 customers of Thinkbanking, whose accounts are held by RBS, did not have their balances updated because of a technical problem.

The hitch came a fortnight after the RBS computer breakdown left millions of customers of NatWest, owned by RBS, unable to access their cash.
Technical problem: About 100,000 customers of Thinkbanking, whose accounts are held by RBS (pictured), did not have their balances updated
Thinkbanking, part of the Think Money Group, had to provide emergency cash to those affected. RBS insisted that yesterday’s issue was a new setback and not part of the computer breakdown.
Thinkbanking customer Peter Harris, 69, from Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, who has a joint account with his wife Barbara, 75, was hit by the problems this weekend.

More...Just like the unions 30 years ago, the bankers think they're above the law. So where's the politician who will break them?
More bad news for Barclays as its own rules prevent staff from giving woman first aid after she collapses outside branch

Mr Harris said: ‘I rang them and they said there had been a technical problem. It meant I couldn’t pay bills or do all my shopping.’
Thinkbanking spokesman Ian Williams said the problem was ‘extremely disappointing and a huge headache.
Controversy: The hitch came a fortnight after the RBS computer breakdown left millions of customers of NatWest unable to access their cash
We buy our infrastructure from RBS. They hold the bank accounts and provide and manage the back office and computer systems. We are desperately sorry for our customers’.
An RBS spokeswoman said: ‘The Thinkbanking issue is now fixed. It was not related to last month’s issues.’ She said an investigation would be launched.

[b]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum