I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

3 Toledo men charged in scheme to sell Iraqi money

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gente

gente

3 Toledo men charged in scheme to sell Iraqi money

BLADE STAFF

Three Toledo area men were arrested and charged today on allegations that they were involved in a multi-million dollar scheme involving the sale of Iraqi currency.

Bradford L. Huebner, 65, of Ottawa Hills, Charles N. Emmenecker, 65, of Sylvania, and Michael L. Teadt, 66, of Maumee, were each named in a 83-count indictment issued today, the U.S. Attorney’s office said. Also named was Rudolph M. Coenen, 47, of Jacksonville, Fla.

According to the court documents, the men were charged for alleged involvement in the operation of a $24 million fraud scheme involving the sale of Iraqi dinar currency and two non-existent hedge funds. Each face charges of conspiracy to commit wire fraud and wire fraud. Mr. Huebner and Mr. Coenen are also charged with multiple counts of money laundering and Mr. Huebner is charged with multiple counts of structuring and willful failure to file currency and transaction reports.

The U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Ohio said that the defendants’ conduct resulted in the lost to investors of nearly $23.8 million from dinar sales and more than $700,000 from the sale of non-existent hedge funds.

“These defendants made false statements time and again to convince people to part with their savings and hard-earned cash,” U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Ohio Steven Dettelbach said in a release. “The fact that one defendant falsely claimed he was wounded while fighting in Iraq is particularly egregious.”

According to the indictment, the four men began in August, 2010, a conspiracy to operate “BH Group” in Toledo and “Bayshore Capital Investments” in Jacksonville in order to defraud investors through investments in the Iraqi dinar currency and two non-existent hedge funds. The conspirators promoted the dinar and non-existent hedge funds through the dissemination of a series of material falsehoods conveyed primarily through weekly interstate conference calls and through the conspirators’ Web site, according to the indictment.

Attorney Richard Kerger, who represents Mr. Huebner, said today that his client’s business was “entirely lawful.” Saying that Mr. Huebner was a longtime businessman in the area, Mr. Kerger said that any noncompliance with federal regulations was “unintentional.”

“I think it’s an unfortunate prosecution,” he said. “…I think at the end of the day, the charges will be found to be not substantiated.”

gente

gente

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum