I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Banker jumps to death

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Banker jumps to death Empty Banker jumps to death Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:34 pm

gente

gente

Banker jumps to death

AMUKELANI CHAUKE | 19 October, 2012 00:38

A South African-born investment manager, Nico Lambrechts

A South African-born investment manager, Nico Lambrechts, has died after reportedly leaping from a building in London.

Lambrechts, 46, was pronounced dead on the scene after he fell from the top of an expensive open-air restaurant, the Daily Mail reported.

Yesterday, Investec Asset Management confirmed the incident but refused to say whether his death was suicide or if foul play was suspected.

"News of Nico's death has come as a great shock to all his colleagues, said Lauren Thys, a marketing associate at Investec.

"Our thoughts are with his family at this very difficult time, and our first concern is to provide them with support."

Ursula Nobrega, Investec's head of investor relations, said the company would not comment on the circumstances of Lambrechts death.

Nobrega said Lambrechts is survived by his wife, Adele - who was too distressed to talk to the press - and three children.

Lambrechts is believed to have walked for a few minutes from his office and taken a lift to the Coq d'Argent restaurant before falling through the atrium within the building.

Coq d'Argent is owned by Sir Terence Conran.

After plunging from the top of the restaurant's deck, he landed next to an area in which people were having lunch.

Lambrechts died on the scene despite attempts by medical personnel to save him.

Neighbours described him as "a great guy".

Three weeks before his death, Lambrechts posted pictures of himself and his family on holiday.

Lambrechts and his family lived in a £2-million (R28-million) six-bedroom gated home in the up-market town of Cobham, Surrey.

Lambrechts is the fourth person to have jumped to his death at the restaurant.

Richard Ford, 33, a City worker, died after reportedly falling from the restaurant's deck onto a bus.

Anjool Maldel, a 24-year-old stockbroker, plunged to his death in May with a champagne glass in his hand.

Maldel reportedly committed suicide after being suspended from his job at Deutsche Bank.

Before joining Investec, Lambrechts, an investment analyst, had worked as MD of Bank of America Merrill Lynch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2219345/Why-did-banker-perfect-life-fatal-leap-Fourth-tragedy-City-restaurant.html

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum