I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

The First and Second in Command at the IRS have Resigned...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gente

gente

The First and Second in Command at the IRS have Resigned...

Hmmmmm.....what's cookin' in the US Treasury? -American Kabuki

Courtesy of Rumor Mail News

http://goo.gl/cxXtk

IRS names acting commissioner, Doug Shulman steps down
Reuters

Doug Shulman
The Internal Revenue Service said on Wednesday that Steven Miller will become acting head of the tax agency after Doug Shulman, the present commissioner, steps down on November 9.

Shulman had been expected to resign at the end of his term in early November as head of the 104,000-employee agency that each year collects trillions of dollars in federal tax revenue and enforces the nation's complex tax laws.

Miller, IRS deputy commissioner for services and enforcement since September 2009, is a 25-year veteran of the agency.

The IRS leadership change comes ahead of a turbulent period, with Congress facing several major decisions on taxes as part of the "fiscal cliff" events at year-end. Tax experts have said that delays in issuing tax refunds could result next year.

Miller's top challenge will be "navigating next year's filing season," said Kevin Brown, a principal at Big Four accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP who was an IRS acting commissioner for several months in 2007.

"This is the worst set of circumstances that I can remember with the 'fiscal cliff' looming," Brown said, but added that with Miller on the job, "the IRS is in very good hands."

The commissioner's post is a presidential appointment subject to Senate confirmation.

Shulman, a Democrat appointed to the post under Republican President George W. Bush, has served since March 2008. The IRS did not provide details about Shulman's next career move.

Before Shulman was confirmed by the Senate at the start of his term, the IRS was led by two acting commissioners over a transition period of more than nine months.

The previous Senate-confirmed commissioner was Mark Everson, who stepped down in May 2007.

Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner praised Miller as a "dedicated career public servant." The Treasury Department oversees the IRS.

Treasury and IRS did not say when a nominee for commissioner would be announced. That decision hinges on the outcome of the November 6 presidential election

gente

gente

IRS Deputy Commissioner Mark Ernst Resigns

http://goo.gl/Ls5AX

WASHINGTON, D.C.
OCTOBER 21, 2010
BY WEBCPA STAFF

Mark Ernst
Mark Ernst, the former chairman and CEO of H&R Block who went on to become deputy commissioner for operations support at the Internal Revenue Service, will be leaving the IRS later this year, according to an announcement Thursday by IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman.

Ernst joined the IRS last year after having been chairman and CEO of H&R Block from 1998 to 2007. He left Block to head the venture capital firm Bellevue Capital for two years before joining the IRS.

“Mark has been a most valued, respected and dedicated member of my leadership team, and he brought a unique perspective and focus to some of our most important initiatives, such as technology modernization, cybersecurity, financial management and workforce issues,” said Shulman. “I want to thank him for his strong contributions to the nation’s tax system, and he will be deeply missed by all of those who had the opportunity to work with him.”

Shulman noted that Ernst plans to return to the private sector. Succeeding him as deputy commissioner for operations support will be Beth Tucker, who currently serves as deputy commissioner for support in the IRS’s Wage & Income division.

windreader1

HMMMMM--very interesting, wasn't there something sometime back about the IRS hiring a much of new folks. Anyone remember that?

gente

gente

i thought they were supposed to hire 50,000 new agents to enforce Obamacare???

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum