I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

All US Equity Markets Closed Monday (And Maybe Tuesday) Due To Sandy

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gente

gente

All US Equity Markets Closed Monday (And Maybe Tuesday) Due To Sandy

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 10/28/2012 23:10 -0400

Late Updates - after a day of consultation and realization that if the algos were left alone to play then things could go a little pear-shaped - NYSE and NASDAQ will now be totally closed tomorrow:

•*U.S. EQUITY MARKETS TO CLOSE ON OCT. 29 FOR STORM, SEC SAYS
•*NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE TO CLOSE MARKETS FOR STORM
•*NASDAQ OMX MARKETS CLOSED TOMORROW ON HURRICANE SANDY :NDAQ US
•*CBOE TO CLOSE EXCHANGES OCT. 29 BECAUSE OF HURRICANE SANDY

Via NYSE:

"In consultation with other exchanges and market participants, NYSE Euronext will close its markets on Monday, Oct. 29, 2012 and pending confirmation on Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2012’’

"We support the consensus of the markets and the regulatory community that the dangerous conditions developing as a result of Hurricane Sandy will make it extremely difficult to ensure the safety of our people and communities, and safety must be our first priority’’

"We will work with the industry to determine the next steps in restoring trading as soon as the situation permits’’

Add to this, SIFMA's recommendation that bond markets close at midday - which is all a little moot given MTA's closure and tomorrow looks like being a busy day for the European desks...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum