I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Security Council update

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Security Council update Empty Security Council update Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:26 pm

windreader1

November activity

November 29
Briefing (11:00 A.M.)
- UNAMI
Consultations (A.M.)
- UNAMI

Iraq – UNAMI
Resolution 2061(2012) of 25 July 2012
Para.6: Requests the Secretary-General to report to the Council every four months on the
progress made towards the fulfilment of all UNAMI’s responsibilities.

The report of the Secretary-General is expected to be issued in November 2012.

December activity

Iraq (SG report on UNCC)
By 31 Dec. 2012 Res. 1956 (2010) of 15 Dec. 2010

Requests the Secretary-General to provide written reports on an ongoing basis to the Security Council every six months, with the first report due no later than 1 January 2012, about the United Nations compensation fund, evaluating the continued compliance with the provisions of paragraph 21 of resolution 1483 (2003) (para.6)

Iraq-Kuwait (missing persons and return of property)

In Dec. 2012 Letter from the Security Council President dated 30 June 2006
(S/2006/469)

Takes note of the intention of the Secretary-General in his letter dated 28 June 2006 (S2006/468) to report on compliance by Iraq with its obligations regarding the repatriation or return of all Kuwaiti and third-country nationals or their remains and on the return of all Kuwaiti property every 6 months Middle East.

2Security Council update Empty Re: Security Council update Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:40 pm

windreader1

Someone will predict that Chapter VII will be lifted in November. Not going to happen. The council will receive the formal briefing on the UNAMI report in council chambers, will then recess, and go into consultations to discuss the issues.

December is the next open window for any activity regarding Chapter VII which is why I posted the December reports that are due to the council. The council is not going to take any action on Chapter VII until they have the December reports in hand. Unless Iraq can demonstrate they have complied with all requirements and the reports support Iraq's position don't expect to see Chapter VII being lifted.

3Security Council update Empty Re: Security Council update Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:26 pm

gente

gente

I don't think they have done anything other than cry about being in CH7...definitely haven't seen any progress as far as Kuwait is concerned on any of their major issues....Next stop, June 2013!!

thx Wind

4Security Council update Empty Re: Security Council update Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:36 pm

MrsCK

Thanks! I figure late december before we would get any "real" clue if they will lift 7.

5Security Council update Empty Re: Security Council update Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:29 pm

windreader1

The UNAMI report will be a good indicator.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum