I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

SG March report

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SG March report Empty SG March report Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:27 pm

windreader1

Second report of the Secretary-General pursuant to paragrapy 8 of Security Council resolution 1958 (2010)

S/2013/191
IV. Indemnification escrow account

I should like to inform the members of the Council that no expenditure has been incurred to date in respect of the amount referred to in paragraph of resolution 1958 (2010). With regard to the negotiations of the implementing agreements to be concluded with the Government of Iraq, as provided for in paragraph 7 of the resolution, I have taken note of the letter dated 16 October 2012 from the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Iraq addressed to me and circulated to the Members of the Council. Despite the letter, differences remain between the Government of Iraq and the Secretariat as to whether the Government's obligation to indemnify the United Nations, its representatives, agents and independent contractors should: (a) be limited to the amount held in the indemnification escrow account: and (b) expire and lapse on 31 December 2016. The Secretariat will continue discussions with a view to concluding the indemnification agreements and I will apprise the Council of the outcome of the Secretariat's continued efforts.

V. Other

In paragraph 2 of resolution 1958 (2010), the Council called upon the Government of Iraq to provide without delay direct payment to the beneficiaries or its representatives of the letters of credit as referred to in the note by the Secretary-General dated 8 December 2010 (S/2010/619), paragraphs 11 and 12 and annexes II and III. Certain beneficiaries identified in annexes II and III to the note by the Secretary-General dated 8 December 2010 have written to the Secretariat claiming that, despite their having contacted the Government of Iraq, payments continue to remain outstanding. In this respect, I am concerned that the payments have not been made and I urge the Government of Iraq to provide the payments without any delay to the beneficiaries as called for by the Council in resolution 1958 (2010).

2SG March report Empty Re: SG March report Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:38 pm

windreader1

Another negative report for Iraq. The indemnification escrow account is $131 million that was withheld from the DFI account until Dec/2016. I have always questioned whether the Security Council can legally withhold this money if Iraq is released from Chapter VII. To date, I have not found an answer to that question. Also payments that were ordered to be made by the 2010 resolution have still not been paid. If these payments are not made before Iraq is released from Chapter VII, the Security Council will lose the authority to force Iraq to make the payments.

3SG March report Empty Re: SG March report Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:10 am

MrsCK

wonder why they have not made the payment in 3 years!!!
Thanks mom for keeping up with the UN stuff and being our "expert" on it!!!!!!!!!!!

4SG March report Empty Re: SG March report Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:21 am

gente

gente

Theyre probablty tryin to get outta Ch7 without paying what they owe...you know theyre all a bunch of corrupt chislers....thx Wind, apppreciate upate!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum