I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Abu Dhabi hosts WTO workshop on market access issues in region

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Abu Dhabi hosts WTO workshop on market access issues in region

Staff Report
Published: July 20, 2009, 23:03

Dubai: A World Trade Organisation (WTO) regional workshop on market access related issues for Arab and Middle East members and observers began in Abu Dhabi on Monday.

The workshop, which ends tomorrow, has 33 participants from 12 countries.

It aims to train Arab officials on tariff negotiations, particularly those related to non-agricultural goods.

Juma Mohammad Al Gaith, Executive Director - Foreign Trade Affairs, UAE Ministry of Foreign Trade, delivered an opening speech.

The speech focused on the challenges faced by Arab countries in coping with economic globalisation and addressing the global financial crisis.

He also emphasised the importance of fully understanding the nature of multilateral agreements and commended role of the WTO in maintaining commercial stability across the region and throughout the world.

"Our hosting of this important event reflects the mionistry greater role in helping the Arab region enhance its trade knowledge and capabilities. It also affirms the WTO's strong support for commercial activities within the Middle East,"Al Gaith said.

The first day of the workshop had four sessions and a practical exercise for the participants.

WONDER if Iraq is there???

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum