I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kuwait's missing persons

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kuwait's missing persons Empty Kuwait's missing persons Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:44 pm

windreader1

Another issue may have been resolved. Some of the previous articles regarding Kuwaits objections to removal from Chapter VII dealt with the fact Iraq would not let them into the country to conduct DNA testing and other tests. Looks like they got the invite "come on down"
Windreader1

S/2009/370

Security Council
Distr.: General
20 July 2009
Original: English

Letter dated 16 July 2009 from the Permanent Representative of Iraq to the United Nations addressed to the President of the Security Council.

Upon instructions from my Government, I have the honour to inform you that the Government of Iraq addressed an invitation to Mr. Ibrahim Al-Shahin, Head of the National Committee for Missing Persons and Prisoner of War Affairs in Kuwait, and his working team to visit Baghdad to discuss possible means for reinforcing cooperation on this issue. I have further the honour to transmit herewith a copy of that invitation (see annex).

I would appreciate it if the present letter and its annex were circulated as a document of the Security Council.

(Signed) T. Hamid Al-Bayati
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Permanent Representative

Annex to the letter dated 16 July 2009 from the Permanent
Representative of Iraq to the United Nations addressed to the
President of the Security Council
15 July 2009

Sir,
On instructions from His Excellency the Prime Minister, Mr. Nuri Kamel al-Maliki, concerning the need to close the file on the question of the missing Kuwaiti persons, and thereby put an end to that humanitarian ordeal and the suffering of the missing persons’ families, we should like to invite you, and the entire working group concerned with the matter, to visit Iraq so that we might work together on completing the investigation. We should also like to request that you bring with you any relevant materials.

In our telephone conversation, I informed you that the Prime Minister attaches great importance to the matter and has instructed his office to follow up and provide all necessary assistance in that regard.

We await your visit in order to be able to put a close to this painful matter.

Accept, Sir, the assurances of my highest consideration.

(Signed) Tariq Najim Abdullah

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum