I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Towards A Kuwaiti Move On Chapter 7.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Towards A Kuwaiti Move On Chapter 7. Empty Towards A Kuwaiti Move On Chapter 7. Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:41 pm

Towards A Kuwaiti Move On Chapter 7.
http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0...i-Move-On.html

Full Article
APS learns that Kuwait is counting on US support for a gas pipeline from Qatar to Nabucco to pass through the emirate. This will not only meet Kuwait's gas needs but will also be a major source of transit income from the pipeline. In return for this, Kuwait would be willing to forego a part its right to all war reparations owed to it from the days of Saddam's Sunni/Ba'thist dictatorship. Under Chapter 7 of the UN Charter, this forces Iraq to pay a part of its crude oil export income to the emirate. So far, Kuwait has received $13 bn from Iraq, with $25.5 bn outstanding. Saddam's Iraq invaded Kuwait in August 1990 and threatened the other five GCC states.

For years since the 2003 American invasion, Baghdad has been asking the US to help in this regard. But Obama, like Bush, has told Iraqi leaders they should first have a dialogue with Kuwait over this matter.

There are some other outstanding issues between Iraq and each of Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Qatar - the wealthiest members of the GCC. Washington wants all the GCC states to have excellent relations with Baghdad, the heart of the Arab world. And, like the Saudi-led Sunni front, the Obama administration wants the Iran-led axis coming to an end.

The US Central Command (CentCom), in charge of American forces in the GME and the Horn of Africa, has its main regional air base in Qatar and main naval base in Bahrain.

A Qatari pipeline to Nabucco would pass through Bahrain and Saudi territorial waters. This would also provide Bahrain with much needed gas and transit income. President Obama began his Arab tour in Saudi Arabia on June 3, before he made his historic address to the Muslim world from Cairo on June 4. In his speech, Obama again extended a hand in co-operation with Iran for what he called "mutual interests" (see news23ObamaGME-Jun8-09).

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum