I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sheikh Dr. Mohammad hails Ban''s report on Iraq

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sheikh Dr. Mohammad hails Ban''s report on Iraq
Sheikh Dr. Mohammad hails Ban''s report on Iraq Politics 7/30/2009 12:11:00 AM UNITED NATIONS, July 29 (KUNA) -- Kuwait's Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sheikh Dr. Mohammad Sabah Al-Salem Al-Sabah hailed as "positive" UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's report on Iraq's compliance with the UN Security Council resolutions.
"Kuwait welcomes the report and has a sincere desire to work with Iraq in order to help it meet the remaining requirements of the UNSC resolutions," the minister said after his meeting with the UN chief here on Wednesday. Speaking to KUNA and Kuwait TV at the UN headquarters, Sheikh Dr. Mohammad said: "The report is positive and practical as it dealt with facts on the ground with regard to the basic subjects." He said he raised observations about some of the key points in Ban's report to the UNSC, notably Iraq's commitment to implement the relevant UNSC resolutions fully.
"My meeting with the UN Secretary-General focused on issues that are top priority for Kuwait, notably the issue of border infringements and the resolution No. 833," he pointed out. "Some of the Iraqi brothers confused 'infringements' with "aggressions.' I did not say border aggressions. I said there are illegal facilities on the Kuwait-Iraqi border areas that have to be removed," he made clear.
"The Iraqi government promised to remove the border infringements in line with Ban's call in order to help the UN team outline the border marks and settle this issue once and for all," he went on to say.
UN Secretary-General called in his report for finding a creative approach to dealing with the remaining issues such as compensations for Kuwait.
"The State of Kuwait has already worked out new suggestions and is ready to discuss them with Iraq under the UN umbrella. So I feel much more confident about the efficacy of the UN approach to the issue," Sheikh Dr. Mohammad disclosed.
He voiced hope that all remaining issues pertaining to Iraq would be settled as soon as possible in order to help the country return to the international community and contribute to the regional stability. (end) sj.gb KUNA 300011 Jul 09NNNN

http://www.kuna.net.kw/NewsAgenciesP...73&Language=en

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum