I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

U.S. SUPPORT FOR KUWAIT'S SECURITY AND TERRITORIAL INTEGRITY "REMAINS UNCHANGED

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

U.S. SUPPORT FOR KUWAIT'S SECURITY AND TERRITORIAL INTEGRITY "REMAINS UNCHANGED”

http://alwatandaily.alwatan.com.kw/Default.aspx?MgDid=783376&pageId=471

Thursday, August 6, 2009

WASHINGTON: On the eve of the planned session of U.N. Security Council, a State Department official affirmed that the U.S. support for Kuwait''s "security and territorial integrity remains unchanged." The Security Council is set to discuss on Friday the sanctions imposed on Iraq after Saddam Hussein''s invasion of Kuwait.

The American official, who requested anonymity, told KUNA that his country "appreciates the role that Kuwait has long played in efforts to bring stability to the region." U.S.ـKuwait relations remain "broad and deep and anchored in our shared commitment to stability and prosperity in the region and beyond," the U.S. official affirmed.

He added that his country also supports "Iraq''s goal of ending Chapter VII resolutions and we are working to help Iraq to take the necessary steps to that end."He also voiced belief that; "this will advance the security of the entire region." "We encourage continued discussions between the governments of Iraq and Kuwait on this and other issues," the official source stressed. The source welcomed, in particular, Kuwait''s dispatch of an ambassador to Baghdad "to facilitate this dialogue."

Earlier, Foreign Minister Sheikh Dr. Mohammed Sabah AlـSalem AlـSabah said; "We are ready to meet with our Iraqi brothers under the U.N. umbrella, as called upon by theSecretary General to discuss, expedite and facilitate Iraq''s implementation of the international resolutions, which would speed up Iraq''s exit of Chapter VII."

Sheikh Dr. Mohammed has also affirmed: "We want to help and cooperate with Iraq in this matter and we have agreed to hold several meetings under the U.N. umbrella to help Iraq implement those commitments."

At the U.N. Headquarters, diplomatic sources say the council might be moving right now to lift the sanctions while expecting Iraq to sign international norms concerning its weapons of mass destruction. ـAgencies

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum