I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ministry holds oilfields promotion conference in Turkey

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ministry holds oilfields promotion conference in Turkey

August 6, 2009 - 02:01:59

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The Iraqi oil ministry will hold a conference in the Turkish city of Istanbul on Aug. 25 to promote the country’s oilfields.

Assim Jihad, the ministry’s official spokesperson, said Thursday that the conference will be attended by foreign oil companies.

“Forty-five foreign companies from 23 different countries will attend the event,” Jihad told Aswat al-Iraq news agency.

“The firms will be competing to develop Iraqi oilfields,” he said.

MH (P)/AmR

Convene a conference of oil, "promotion" of the oil fields in Istanbul later this month

Source: Voices of Iraq - 07/08/2009

Ministry spokesman Assem Jihad, the oil, on Thursday, the ministry will hold a "promotion" of the oil fields in the 25 of August of this Turkish city of Istanbul in the presence of foreign oil companies that will compete in the second licensing.

The Jihad that "45 foreign companies from 23 different nationalities will compete to develop those fields, will be organizing a conference in Istanbul on a promotional 25 August for this purpose."

He said, "The Oil Ministry has identified the end of November date for the second session of licenses," he said, adding that "there is no agreement yet on a specific date; but increase or decrease one or two days for the 25 month of November."

He added that "the fields put up for competition in the licensing of the second session, which fields discovered but not exploited is called the green fields."

The Oil Ministry announced on Tuesday (6-30) that it has agreed to grant a license to invest an initial field of only one of six oil fields and gas fields offered for investment, have been rejected bids for the other seven fields.

The event held at the Rashid Hotel in Baghdad to declare the winning companies licensing the first cycle of the presence of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, a Chinese company canc bp of British investment in the license Rumaila daily production ceiling at two million, 850 thousand barrels per day, and the profit amounted to two dollars for each additional barrel of oil product from the field.

The first licensing round of the main fields produce more than 80% of the total Iraqi oil production, the fields of Rumaila North, South Rumaila and Zubair and West Qurna field, and fields of Maysan (Bazargan, Abu Gharb, jaw), and the field of Kirkuk, and Bai Hassan.

The Iraqi Oil Minister Hussain al-Shahristani, revealed on Tuesday (6-30) that the tender to develop Rumaila oil company had won the British (BP) and Chinese (CANC), adding that his ministry had given the price of two dollars per barrel.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum