I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

MP: Iraq needs no IMF loan

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MP: Iraq needs no IMF loan Empty MP: Iraq needs no IMF loan Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:07 pm

Print article Print article Email to a friend Email to a friend

/Iraq-finance-loan/

Sulaimaniya, 5 August (AKnews) – Iraq is not in need of a loan package from the International Monetary Fund (IMF), and Iraqi MPs do not approve of the conditions imposed by the IMF, an MP said.

“If the loan from the IMF affects the Iraqi people, we will not accept it, besides currently Iraq does not need loan” member of the finance committee in the Iraqi parliament Sami Atrooshi said.

The IMF had imposed certain conditions on Iraq in return for taking loan from it, including raising fuel prices in the country, cutting salaries and not raising pensions, and all of these conditions affect the Iraqi people which the finance committee will never accept, he said.

Iraq is financially stable and the oil price is high in the world markets, therefore there is no need for a loan, Atrooshi said.

Without those conditions, Iraq - member of the IFM - is ready to take loans, according to him.

The statement by the MP follows a previous statement by the Iraqi finance minister Bayan Jabr, in which he said Iraq was planning to take loan from the IMF to offset the deficit in the budget and some other projects.

The Iraqi government and IMF are close to signing an agreement for a US$5.58 loan package for five years.

ry AKnews

Wednesday, August 5th 2009 5:19 PM

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum