I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Member of the parliamentary committee: the Security Council had Aerf Iraq from Section VII

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Member of the parliamentary committee: the Security Council had Aerf Iraq from Section VII

/ Iraq - Kuwait - Item VII /

BAGHDAD, 9 August (Akaniwz) - A member of the foreign relations committee in parliament that the UN Security Council has Aerf Iraq from Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations during the current year.

The prosecutor, Abdul Bari Zebari of the Kurdistan Alliance of Kurdistan News Agency (Akaniwz) said Sunday that "the absence of a clear foreign policy of the Government of Iraq to the United States of America and Britain may hinder any move to the UN Security Council to remove Iraq from Chapter VII of the list."

"The United States can not sacrifice its own economic, political and military ties with the Gulf states, especially Kuwait, however, for a clear policy," stating that "the rejection of the convention with the British Navy before the Iraqi parliament confirms the absence of a serious went to establish a relationship between Baghdad and the fact that London and Washington."

Zebari said that "failure to take the Iraqi government and the political blocs of the crucial decisions on relations with the international community, especially Britain and America, and survival is afraid of the Iraqi public would be much more difficult process of Iraq out of Chapter VII."

The UN Security Council decided last Friday to postpone consideration of the adoption of a resolution to remove Iraq from Chapter VII of the list until the end of this year.

The UN Security Council decided, after Iraq's invasion of Kuwait on 2 August 1990, imposing economic and military sanctions on Iraq under resolution No. 661 of Section VII, as well as the freezing of all assets in banks, as the UN Security Council resolutions 678 in the month of April 1991, imposed on Iraq by the compensation of damage resulting from its invasion of Kuwait.

(Akaniwz) u b 9/8/2009
09/08/2009 17:46 09/08/2009 17:46

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum