I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smart card

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Smart card Empty Smart card Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:49 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found this tonight. It does not have a date on it so take it for what it is worth. Maybe someone more webwise can check it out more.

Smart card technology provider NET 1 announced the implementation of its smart card technology and electronic transaction platform UEPS (Universal Electronic Payment Solution) in Iraq. The smart card technology, implemented in cooperation with the two Iraqi state banks, Rafidain and Rasheed , aims to increase the efficiency of government grants and salary distribution to appointed beneficiaries.
The pilot project aims to test the efficiency of the UEPS technology at selected bank branches with over 100,000 users, some of whom are employees of the two state banks. UEPS has been developed by NET1 as an integrated electronic transactions platform to be used in developing countries with little banking and payment infrastructure. It uses real-time secure smart cards which - unlike standard payment systems – do not require access to a centralised computer in order to perform transactions.
The NET1 smart cards can be used via a portable offline card reader, thus allowing card holders to make payments, purchases, initiate international money transfers or even vote irrespective of the remoteness of the area in which they live.

2Smart card Empty Re: Smart card Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:46 pm

redfox55

seems like i read this before

not for sure,but sounds familer

3Smart card Empty Re: Smart card Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:32 pm

yep...this is old.......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum