I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inflation rate down by 0.4% in July 2009

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Inflation rate down by 0.4% in July 2009 Empty Inflation rate down by 0.4% in July 2009 Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:23 pm

Inflation rate down by 0.4% in July 2009
August 17, 2009 - 09:12:08

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: Iraq’s inflation rate decreased by 0.4 percent in July 2009 compared to the previous month, the Central Organization for Statistics and Information Technology (COSIT) said on Monday. “The organization’s report revealed a 0.4 percent decrease in the inflation rate for July 2009, which it linked to a reduction in the consumer price index (CPI),” according to a statement received by Aswat al-Iraq news agency. Prices of foodstuffs, tobacco and beverages, apparel, furniture, fuel, which form 81.6 percent of household expenditure, have decreased by 1.1, 0.4, 0.9, 0.7 and 1.8 percent respectively, the report indicated. Meanwhile, prices of transport services, medicines, and other services, which form only 6.9 percent of household expenditure, have increased by 2.5, 0.2, and 0.04 percent respectively, the report explained. The report also showed a 1.5 percent drop in the annual inflation rate in the period July 2008- July 2009. The COSIT, affiliated with the Iraqi Ministry of Planning and Development Cooperation, produces a monthly report on inflation in Iraq, which is based on field data of retail prices for products and services in Iraqi markets.

http://en.aswataliraq.info/?p=117626

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum