I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

SG briefing--SC mtg on DFI

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SG briefing--SC mtg on DFI Empty SG briefing--SC mtg on DFI Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:04 pm

windreader1

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE NOON BRIEFING

BY MICHELE MONTAS, SPOKESPERSON FOR THE SECRETARY-GENERAL

UN HEADQUARTERS, NEW YORK

During August, the Spokesperson's noon briefings will take place on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Developments within the UN system will be posted on the website daily during this time.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

SECURITY COUNCIL EXTENDS MANDATE OF LEBANON MISSION, RECEIVES BRIEFING ON IRAQ FUND

The Security Council voted unanimously today to extend the mandate of the UN Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) by twelve months.

The Council then went into consultations to receive a briefing on the Secretary-General’s latest report on the Development Fund for Iraq. Council members were briefed by UN Controller Jun Yamazaki. Afterwards, in a press statement, Council members expressed some concern that more steps needed to be taken to improve the internal controls of the Fund and that Iraq needs to be given greater control over its resources.

On Wednesday evening, the Security Council President, Ambassador John Sawers of the United Kingdom, issued a press statement, saying that Council members condemned in the strongest terms the terrorist attack that took place on Tuesday in Kandahar, Afghanistan. Council members underlined the need to bring those responsible to justice.

2SG briefing--SC mtg on DFI Empty Re: SG briefing--SC mtg on DFI Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:37 pm

Wish more info would be said about the meeting.

3SG briefing--SC mtg on DFI Empty Re: SG briefing--SC mtg on DFI Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:40 pm

windreader1

MrsCK wrote:Wish more info would be said about the meeting.

A press statement is supposed to have been issued, but it has not yet been posted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum