I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kuna article on GCC customs union meeting in Riyadh

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kuna article on GCC customs union meeting in Riyadh
GCC customs union cmte meets in Riyadh Economics 8/30/2009 3:56:00 PM RIYADH, Aug 30 (KUNA) -- The Customs Union Committee of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) started its 49th meeting at the headquarters of the GCC Secretariat here on Sunday.
The four-day meeting focuses on the obstacles facing the implementation of the regulations of the union pertaining to the labels on country of origin, the GCC Secretariat said in a press release.
The conferees probe the results of the 23rd meeting of the union's settlement committee and the preparations of the introduction of e-settlement system at the customs offices of the GCC countries.
They deal with the extent of benefit of tax relief for the national and foreign oil companies in the GCC member states as well as the possible standardization of service fees at the customs outlets, according to the statement.
The agenda of the meeting includes reviewing the observations of the GCC members regarding the protocol on illicit trade in tobacco products and the possibility of canceling the tariff and non-tariff fees on the eco-friendly products.
It also includes assessing the progress made GCC and the Arab League towards launching the pan-Arab customs union.
The conferees will also mull the initiatives tabled by the GCC member states to the World Trade Organization (WTO) as part of the trade talks.
The current meeting is part of the regular meetings aiming to lay the groundwork for full implementation of the regulations of the GCC customs union, the statement pointed out. The recommendations of the meeting will be referred to the GCC committee on financial and economic cooperation for further study at the coming meeting of the committee. (end) ay.gb KUNA 301556 Aug 09NNNN http://www.kuna.net.kw/NewsAgenciesP...94&Language=en

Thanks Thump....wonder if they will talk about iraq joining???

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum