I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finance Ministry urges China to write off Iraqi debt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Finance Ministry urges China to write off Iraqi debt

September 2, 2009 - 03:38:54 September 2, 2009 - 03:38:54

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The Iraqi Ministry of Finance has called on the Chinese government to cancel the Iraqi debt, totaling $8.5 billion US dollars, according to a ministry statement.

“Finance Minister Baqir Jabr al-Zubeidi has expressed his hope that the Chinese government would follow the example of the United States, the United Arab Emirates and Cyprus and forgive 100 percent of the Iraqi debt,” read the statement that was received by Aswat al-Iraq news agency.

This came during a meeting between the minister and the Chinese government in Baghdad,

The minister highlighted the Chinese role in Iraq's reconstruction process, the statement added.

2009-09-03

Iraq calls for China to extinguish their debt by 100 percent

بغداد/نينا BAGHDAD / Nina

Stressed the Minister of Finance Baqir al-Zubaidi, the importance of strengthening economic relations between Iraq and China.

A statement issued by the Ministry of Finance yesterday: that the Minister of Finance met with Zhang Yi, China's ambassador in Baghdad and discussed with him the economic and financial relations between the Republic of Iraq and the Republic of China.

He added: He also expressed the Iraqi government's keenness to enhance the prospects of cooperation between the two countries especially in the field of investment and construction of oil and electricity sectors and rehabilitate the infrastructure.

The statement continued: Zubaidi noted the importance of the subject of Chinese fire on Iraq debt, amounting to more than 8 billion dollars.

The : Zubaidi was signed during his recent visit to China a memorandum of understanding included putting 80 percent of China's debt on Iraq and Iraq is hoping that the government of China to the fire 100 percent of its debt, like the United States of America and the United Arab Emirates and Cyprus.

The statement said: that said Zubaidi the importance of China's role in the reconstruction process of Iraq in all industrial and agricultural sectors, which will be reflected positively on the future of these relations, stressing the need to speed up the signing of the Convention on the schedule remaining 20%.

The statement said: that the Iraqi financial delegation, who visited China recently held talks and deliberations with the Chinese side to resolve the issue of 20 percent of China's debt remaining on Iraq.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum