I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

GCC meeting discusses key issues

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1GCC meeting discusses key issues Empty GCC meeting discusses key issues Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:05 am

GCC meeting discusses key issues

Muhammad Humaidan/Arab News

Wednesday 2 September 2009 (12 Ramadan 1430)

JEDDAH: The 112th meeting of GCC countries opened here on Monday with the participation of all GCC members. Oman is the current chairman of the GCC. Oman Foreign Minister Yousuf Alawi Abdullah expressed his happiness that the meeting is taking place in Ramadan. He also congratulated the Kingdom on Assistant Interior Minister for Security Affairs Prince Muhammad ibn Naif’s narrow escape following a recent assassination attempt in Jeddah.

He said that the meeting touched on important issues. He commended the convening of the 6th Fatah Movement meeting in Palestine and urged all Palestinians to unite. He added that Palestinian unity is important for the establishment of a Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its capital.

He congratulated the Lebanese authorities and the people for successfully holding the general election in June. He lauded the Lebanese for appointing Saad Al-Hariri as the prime minister-designate and entrusting him with the mission of establishing a national unity government. He urged all Lebanese to quickly agree to form a unity government to ensure Lebanese prosperity and development.

He also commended the efforts of GCC countries, especially health ministries, in setting up precautionary measures in their states to counter the speared of swine flu.

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&sect...d=2&m=9&y=2009

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum