I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sweden calls for extra EU summit ahead of G20

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Friday September 4, 2009
Sweden calls for extra EU summit ahead of G20

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - European Union president Sweden called on Friday for an extra informal summit meeting on Sept. 17 in Brussels to coordinate the EU's position ahead of the G20 Summit in Pittsburgh.

Swedish Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt said in a statement the G20 Summit would discuss the overall economic situation, compensation and bonuses in the financial sector as well as how to bolster supervision and regulation of the financial markets.

It will also tackle the issue of resources and governance of IMF, job creation, energy efficiency and trade negotiations as well as increased support to low income countries, he said.

"All these questions and proposals needs to be discussed among EU Heads of State and Government before Pittsburgh, so that the EU can have a common and strong position at the G20 Summit and speak with one voice," Reinfeldt said.

Sweden said in July that an extra Council of the leaders of the 27-nation bloc could be held in Brussels in September in the run-up to the G20 meeting in Pittsburgh later that month if member states felt there was a need.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum