I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama says G20 leaders must set path of growth

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

UPDATE 1-Obama says G20 leaders must set path of growth
Tue Sep 8, 2009 11:16am EDT

WASHINGTON, Sept 8 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Tuesday in a statement ahead of a G20 summit that the global economic leaders must set a path of sustainable growth while avoiding the "imbalances of the past."

Obama, who will attend the Pittsburgh summit on Sept. 24-25, said the world economies are in better shape than they were a year ago with trade expanding, stresses in financial markets having abated and financial institutions raising needed capital.

But the G20's work is far over, said Obama.

He said leaders at the G20 summit will "have a responsibility to work together on behalf of sustained growth, while putting in place the rules of the road that can prevent this kind of crisis from happening again," he said.

"To avoid being trapped in the cycle of bubble and bust, we must set a path for sustainable growth while steering clear of the imbalances of the past," he said.

This will be a key part of the G20 agenda going forward and the Pittsburgh Summit can be an important milestone in those efforts, Obama said.

(Reporting by Steve Holland, Editing by Sandra Maler)

http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...27762120090908

To avoid being trapped in the cycle of bubble and bust, we must set a path for sustainable growth while steering clear of the imbalances of the past,"

Imbalances of the past???? well then they need to put all the currency back on the same playing field.

then why is he spending money we don't have?......he surpassed what W spent in 2 terms and 2 separate conflicts within the first 4 months in office.

thumper wrote:then why is he spending money we don't have?......he surpassed what W spent in 2 terms and 2 separate conflicts within the first 4 months in office.

Now I explained this to ya on the phone it's part of the over all plan and it's not just the USA that is racking up debit either ...LOLOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum