I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

U.S. Ambassador Urges Iraq to open more fields for the investors to promote stability

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

U.S. Ambassador Urges Iraq to open more fields for the investors to promote stability

PostDateIcon Friday, 11 September / September 2009 14:52 |

Ambassador Christopher Hill
Washington

Urged the U.S. ambassador to Iraq, the Iraqi government to open more oil fields to invest .. Saying that the law of the hydrocarbon wealth will move toward "changing the game" and promote self-sufficiency economy and root out terrorism.

Christopher Hill, told the Foreign Affairs Committee in the House of Representatives in prepared testimony "market economy generates a stable economic growth and increase employment opportunities and this will weaken the insurgency extremist networks."

In the first testimony before Congress since he sent to Iraq in April, Hill said it is time for Iraqis to begin maintenance of the destiny of their economy.

He commended the Iraqi people because of his refusal of the new wave of violence following the recent attacks, including bombings and the Ministries of Finance and Foreign Affairs.

Addressing lawmakers, economists Hill "work is continuing, surrounded by drought, with incomplete reforms and low oil prices earlier this year, which caused the injury .. budget to ensure long-term growth and stability, Iraq needs to diversify its economy more foreign investment"

He added "" We can help, but economically, it is time for Iraqis to provide a reference to the need to mobilize the nation's oil wealth better.

Speaking about the tour to develop oil fields, said "the international oil companies are preparing to compete in the second presentation session in December to reach the first to develop oil fields and the" need to be successful "

He said that Iraq is not restricted by OPEC quotas, will present 10 projects that cover more than 12 oil field development licenses in the second session since the occupation of 2003 ..

The fields are developed to contain 41 billion guess barrels of oil, any more than a third of Iraq's oil reserves total, according to the U.S. Energy Information Agency.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum