I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq 35% oil tax

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Iraq 35% oil tax Empty Iraq 35% oil tax Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:10 pm

Iraq 35% oil tax
Iraq's parliament held an initial discussion on Saturday of a bill that would impose a 35-percent income tax on foreign oil and gas firms working in Iraq, lawmakers said.
"Today we held a first reading of a draft to impose tax on foreign oil companies working in Iraq," Haider al-Ebadi, head of parliament's economic committee.
Ebadi and other lawmakers said the 35 percent tax on oil company income, if approved, would cover all types of oil and gas contracts - exploration, production, processing and other activities.
Details of the proposed tax were not immediately available.
Iraq, which has the world's third biggest oil reserves but needs foreign cash to modernise its struggling industry, has been courting top global firms to develop oil and gas fields.
The Oil Ministry is scheduled to hold its second major energy auction this year in December, when it will offer up 10 major oilfields for bids from 45 qualified firms.
The tax bill will require a second reading in parliament before it can go to a vote, but lawmakers are not expected to vote on the measure before the holiday marking the end of the Muslim holy month, Ramadan, later this month.
Ali Hussein Balou, a Kurdish lawmaker who heads parliament's oil and gas committee, said he did not expect opposition to the bill, which he said would be passed 'smoothly'.
"The law will give Iraq major, significant revenue. I don't expect anyone to resist this law," said Amera al-Baldawi, a Sunni Arab lawmaker who sits on the economic committee.

http://business.maktoob.com/20090000...ax/Article.htm

Yep....this is going to get the oil company's beating down the door to get in........

2Iraq 35% oil tax Empty Re: Iraq 35% oil tax Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:20 pm

but lawmakers are not expected to vote on the measure before the holiday marking the end of the Muslim holy month, Ramadan, later this month.

So won't be voted on until "after" sept. 22 end of ramadan?

3Iraq 35% oil tax Empty Re: Iraq 35% oil tax Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:09 pm

guess not......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum