I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

G20 progress report

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1G20 progress report Empty G20 progress report Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:20 am

windreader1

This is a 23 page progress report containing 92 specific items. I extracted one segment as it dealt with the recent SDR allocations. It states that the countries can exchange their SDR's for currencies that are in the SDR basket which is comprised of the USD, Euro, Japanese Yen and the Pound Sterling. This is the first document that I have seen that limits the exchange of the SDR's to the currencies in the SDR basket.

PROGRESS REPORT ON THE ACTIONS OF THE LONDON AND WASHINGTON G20 SUMMITS 5 SEPTEMBER 2009

IMF RESOURCES

General SDR allocation amounting to the equivalent of $250bn was made on 28 August 2009. The equivalent of nearly $100bn will go to emerging markets and developing countries (of which LICs will receive over $18bn).

Following the ratification of the Fourth Amendment, a special one-off allocation of SDRs, amounting to about $33bn, will be made on 9 September 2009.

To support SDR liquidity, IMF is expanding the capacity of voluntary arrangements for buying and selling SDRs in exchange for currencies in the SDR basket.
http://www.g20.org/Documents/20090905_G20_progress_update_London_Fin_Mins_final.pdf

2G20 progress report Empty Re: G20 progress report Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:53 pm

So they can only do a swap on the currency's "in" the SDR basket???

no wonder china wants in on the SDR basket

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum