I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turkey to be one of Iraq’s key gas export outlets – ministry

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Turkey to be one of Iraq’s key gas export outlets – ministry

September 21, 2009 - 02:19:58

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: Turkey will be one of the main outlets for Iraqi gas exports in the future after local needs are covered, a spokesman for the Iraqi oil ministry said on Monday.

“After Iraq’s gas production reaches the export stage, Turkey will be a main outlet via the Nabucco pipeline to Europe, in addition to the joint Arab gas pipeline,” Assem Jihad told Aswat al-Iraq news agency.

“Iraq is looking forward to increasing its crude oil production and this should consequently reflect on its gas production in the different oilfields like the Akkas oilfield or those in the province of Basra,” Jihad added.

Turkish Minister of Energy & Natural Resources Taner Yildiz had said on Saturday (Sept. 20) that Turkey and Iraq have discussed the possibility of signing a memorandum of understanding to export Iraqi natural gas to Europe via the Turkish territories through the Nabucco pipeline whose investments hit 7.9 billion euros.

Backed by several European Union (EU) states and the United States, the pipeline network should carry gas from the Caspian Sea and the Middle East to central Europe with the objective of curbing dependence on Russia by the year 2014.

The Nabucco pipeline is a planned natural gas pipeline from Erzurum in Turkey to Baumgarten an der March in Austria diversifying the current natural gas suppliers and delivery routes for Europe.

AmR (S)

http://en.aswataliraq.info/?p=119287

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum