I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

IMF and Iraq thrash on a loan of U.S. $ 5.5 billion

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

IMF and Iraq thrash on a loan of U.S. $ 5.5 billion
Masood Ahmed, head of the Middle East and Central Asia, International Monetary Fund said on Saturday that the fund works well with Iraq in their talks on the loan and expressed confidence in identifying appropriate ways to support the country.

He said Ahmed told reporters, "We are holding discussions on how best to support them through a program of some kind over the next year. Financial discussions take place at the moment and I am sure that we work well together and we will be able to identify ways to provide assistance

He was senior adviser to the Iraqi Central Bank said in remarks published Saturday that he is not sure that Iraq could meet the requirements of the Fund with respect to a loan of $ 5.5 billion.

http://al-iraqnews.net/new/iconomi/36275.html

Newspaper: Iraq is "not sure" to meet the conditions of the IMF

Aimrgenj Markets magazine quoted on Saturday as senior adviser to the CBI saying he was "not sure" that Iraq could meet the IMF conditions for a loan of $ 5.5 billion.

Iraq says it seeks to conclude the program with the IMF $ 5.5 billion over 18 months, which would be the largest funding agreement between the Fund and the new Iraqi government. The Fund had previously entered into two arrangements in place less than one billion dollars each.

The harmful Salim Qassim, senior advisor to the Iraqi Central Bank to reach an agreement with the IMF may take a long time.

Could not be immediately suspended from the IMF. Kassem said "Iraq is still in transition."

"The security situation sometimes turn upside down so it's very difficult to take a decision on these things."

The country's oil exports in more than 95 percent of state revenues and much-need money to rebuild after years of sectarian conflict and insurgency that Kindle Crarthma US-led invasion in 2003.

Iraq and delivering a speech to foreign investors, Dr. A program of the IMF should also lend some credibility to the government's economic policies.

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...6aNsAzvWCJLSvQ

Monetary Fund shows confidence in the conduct of talks with Iraq on a loan worth $ 5.5 billion

Masood Ahmed, head of the Middle East and Central Asia in the International Monetary Fund said Saturday that the fund works well with Iraq in their talks on the loan and expressed confidence in identifying appropriate ways to support the country.

He was senior adviser to the Iraqi Central Bank said in remarks published in the journal Aimrgenj Markets today he was "not sure" that Iraq could meet the requirements of the Fund with respect to a loan of $ 5.5 billion.

Ahmed said "We are having discussions on how best to support them through a program of some kind over the next year."

"I am confident that we are working well together and we will be able to identify ways to help."

http://radionawa.com/Ar/NewsDetailN....289&LinkID=105

Here another spin...what does "debugger" suppose to mean???

Source: Reuters - 03/10/2009

(Debugger): newspaper Iraq was "not sure" to meet the conditions of the IMF

Aimrgenj Markets magazine quoted on Saturday as senior adviser to the CBI saying he was "not sure" that Iraq could meet the IMF conditions for a loan of $ 5.5 billion.

Iraq says it seeks to conclude the program with the IMF $ 5.5 billion over 18 months, which would be the largest funding agreement between the Fund and the new Iraqi government. The Fund had previously entered into two arrangements in place less than one billion dollars each.

The harmful Salih Kasim, senior adviser to the CBI to reach an agreement with the IMF may take a long time.

Could not be immediately suspended from the IMF.

Kassem said "Iraq is still in transition.

"The security situation sometimes turn upside down so it's very difficult to take a decision on these things."

The country's oil exports in more than 95 percent of state revenues and much-need money to rebuild after years of sectarian conflict and insurgency that Kindle Crarthma US-led invasion in 2003.

Iraq and delivering a speech to foreign investors, Dr. A program of the IMF should also lend some credibility to the government's economic policies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum