I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

UNSC to debate return of Kuwaiti missing, property on Oct. 22nd

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

UNSC to debate return of Kuwaiti missing, property on Oct. 22nd - President

02 October 2009
UNITED NATIONS -- UN Security Council is scheduled to informally debate the return of missing Kuwaitis and stolen property from Iraq on October 22nd, the council's current president Le Luong Minh of Vietnam said on Friday.

The council will debate the Iraq-Kuwait issues in light of the report by Gennady Tarasov, the high-level Coordinator for the missing Kuwaitis and return of property, Minh told a press conference, following a council informal meeting to discuss the council's programme of work for the month of October.
Tarasov's report is due around October 15th.

Minh noted that the council will not discuss Iraq's attempt to come out from under Chapter VII this month.

In a related matter, Secretary General Ban Ki-moon today appointed Christine McNab of Sweden as his Deputy Special Representative for Iraq, UN associate spokesperson Farhan Haq told the daily press briefing.

McNab will head the Development and Humanitarian Support component of the UN Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMAI), and will serve as the UN Resident Coordinator and Humanitarian Coordinator for Iraq.

She has a wealth of experience in development cooperation, with a particular focus on public sector reform, democratic governance and capacity development in support of the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals, Haq said.

She will replace David Shearer who contributed to improved coordination of the United Nations system in Iraq.

©️ KUNA (Kuwait News Agency) 2009

LINK: http://ae.zawya.com/Story.cfm/sidZAW...20President%20

windreader1

Minh noted that the council will not discuss Iraq's attempt to come out from under Chapter VII this month.

Don't like the sound of this.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum