I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kuwaiti-Iraqi technical panel to meet Tuesday

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kuwaiti-Iraqi technical panel to meet Tuesday

03 October 2009

KUWAIT: The technical committee on Kuwaiti-Iraqi issues is scheduled to meet next Tuesday, October 6th to discuss all the outstanding issues between the two governments, according to a senior Ministry of Foreign Affairs official.

Ambassador Khalid Mughamis, the ministry's director of Monitoring and Coordination, explained that the border demarcation between the two states have been finalized, adding that the marine borders are connected to the boundaries of the undersea continental shelf that lies between Kuwait, Iraq and Iran.

Mughamis also denied reports that the Iraqi government had stopped paying compensation for Kuwaiti properties confiscated by the previous Iraqi regime.

The ambassador also revealed that the UN Secretary General's High-Level Coordinator Genaddy Tarasov is scheduled to visit Kuwait tomorrow to discuss the issue of the remaining Kuwaiti detainees in the US's Guantanamo Bay detention facility.

Mughamis expressed optimism that the remaining prisoners there would soon be released, adding that Kuwait is currently awaiting the return of detainees Khalid Al-Mutairi and Fouad Al-Rabea, who have been released on the basis of a court order issued by the US federal government. ©️ Kuwait Times 2009

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum