I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Al Maliki: Iraq cannot meet IMF request

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Al Maliki: Iraq cannot meet IMF request Empty Al Maliki: Iraq cannot meet IMF request Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:56 pm

Al Maliki: Iraq cannot meet IMF request

Thursday, October 08, 2009 09:50 GMT

Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Al Maliki has said Iraq cannot meet what he said was an IMF request to cut public sector pay, as the country negotiates a $5.5 billion loan with the institution.

74 percent of the nation's budget is spent on public sector pay, Al Maliki said in a meeting with businessmen in Baghdad.

As an alternative to cutting salaries, he said, the country would seek to get its public finances in order by developing oil revenues, through efforts to draw in foreign oil majors into Iraq.

He added that negotiations over contracts with Japan's Nippon Oil Corp, China's National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) and BP are evidence that Iraq was serious.

WELL maliki better get his parliament to start passing the FIL AND HCL if this is his plan!!!!

74 percent of the nation's budget is spent on public sector pay,

What, exactly, is Mailki calling public sector pay? Anyone?

JUST RECEIVED A CALL, THAT THE AP STATED: THE UN ALONG WITH THE IMF HAVE ADDED IRAQ DINAR TO THE LIST OF CURRENCIES THAT MUST REVALUE. THIS CAME ACROSS ABOUT 10 O'CLOCK THIS MORNING.

bobp wrote:JUST RECEIVED A CALL, THAT THE AP STATED: THE UN ALONG WITH THE IMF HAVE ADDED IRAQ DINAR TO THE LIST OF CURRENCIES THAT MUST REVALUE. THIS CAME ACROSS ABOUT 10 O'CLOCK THIS MORNING.

That would be awesome....can we find a article from the AP on it???

I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIND IT YET. I JUST CONTACTED MY CALLER AND REQUESTED HE E-MAIL IT TO ME. AS SOON AS THIS HAPPENS, I WILL POST THE ADDRESS.

azdinar

Like to know who else is on the list?

THIS WAS NOT SENT BY THE AP BUT ISRIA AND IT WAS FROM THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE UNITED NATIONS ADMINISTRATIVE AND BUDGETARY FIFTH COMMITTEE.

Yes this is what I received.

Thanx anyhow Bob.....got me goin for a minute.

bobp wrote:Yes this is what I received.

Thanks Bob....Our own Outcast "in house" legal mind, Windreader1, has researched on this many years back...it has nothing to do with the RV...sorry.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum