I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

China Trade War Coming

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1China Trade War Coming Empty China Trade War Coming Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:30 am

China Trade War Coming

Posted under Front Page by admin on Friday 13 November 2009 at 9:39 am

New Zealand PM English says US dollar likely to decline further, says he discussed US dollar with US Tsy Sec Geithner, says Asian countries should not be worried about FX appreciation, but says he’s concerned about the strength of his own currency and it’s impact on NZ exports.

Thailand Finance Minister Chatikavanij says they have bought $15 bln in 2009 to slow US dollar descent, says China stressed APEC need to ensure no rise in protectionism, says no indication from China if or when a yuan revaluation will take place, and says weak yuan forces Asian central banks to curb their own currencies to maintain competitiveness. “Quite clearly, all Asian central banks have found it necessary to intervene and it’s costing us.”<---Rut Row sounds like the other asian countries an't liking china

World Bank President Zoellick says value of currencies reflect savings imbalances, says the US dollar fall is natural for it to fall after it rose due to safe haven demand, says that US dollar will be hard pressed to rebound, says that a more flexible Chinese yuan would be useful.

This is exactly the pressure that I’ve been forecasting from the rest of the world on China. The US is not going to actively intervene to support the US dollar, but merely try to shape it’s domestic policies to ensure a strong dollar. A free floating currency acts as a stabilizer to an economy. The currency weakens as the economy weakens to provide exporters a stronger competitive advantage to sell more. This has happening in the US against our trade partners since last fall……not much against China.

This means the currency adjustment process pain is falling against all of the US trade partners except China.This means that the rest of the world is losing out to China. This means that China is benefitting from the weak US economy and weak US dollar. This means that the rest of the world needs to engage China and get them to change their currency peg.

Or suffer the consequences. This is why China is urging APEC to be against rising trade protectionism because it’s going to be targeted at China. If China doesn’t move to have the yuan appreciate and the US dollar continues to weaken, the rest of the world will have no choice but to bring trade sanctions against China. This means the risk of a global trade war grows every day that the Chinese don’t move on their currency.

LOVE IT!!! CHINA IS BUSTED...AND FINALLY the rest of the world is getting a "voice" and pressure on china!!!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum