I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Drooping Vietnam dong Devalued

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Drooping Vietnam dong Devalued Empty Drooping Vietnam dong Devalued Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:04 pm

littlekracker

Drooping Vietnam Dong Devalued
by: Trace Mayer November 25, 2009 |VMN / VNM

On 26 November 2009 the State Bank of Vietnam devalued the dong by about 5%. This is the third instance of currency devaluation in two years. The FRN$ is likewise being devalued against gold.

A few weeks ago I observed that those buying gold in Vietnam are paying a premium and that:

Gold is money and is reasserting itself as currency in Vietnam. After 18 months of failed policies the helpless government has retreated from the import restrictions because the market is more powerful than governments.

Bloomberg reported,

The State Bank of Vietnam set a dong reference rate for tomorrow that is 5.2 percent lower, at 17,961 per dollar, compared with 17,034 today, it said in a statement on its Web site. Policy makers narrowed the dong’s daily trading band to 3 percent, from 5 percent, effective tomorrow, and increased the benchmark interest rate for the first time since January, to 8 percent.

2Drooping Vietnam dong Devalued Empty Re: Drooping Vietnam dong Devalued Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:41 pm

they really used the term drooping.....how wrong is that?
think their economy could use some stimulation......lol

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum