I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

December forecast for Security Council

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1December forecast for Security Council Empty December forecast for Security Council Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:24 pm

windreader1

Two dates have been scheduled for meetings.

December 17th—Iraq—DFI/IAMB
December 21st—Iraq—DFI/IAMB

TENTATIVE FORECAST OF THE PROGRAMME OF WORK OF THE
SECURITY COUNCIL FOR THE MONTH OF DECEMBER 2009
For information only/not an official document

Iraq – DFI / IAMB and immunity provisions relating to petroleum and gas products

Resolution 1859 (2008) of 22 December 2008
Para. 3: requests the Secretary-General to report to the Security Council on a quarterly basis on the activities of the Development Fund for Iraq (DFI) and the International Advisory and Monitoring Board (IAMB), including on progress made in strengthening financial and administrative oversight of the DFI.

The next oral briefing on the DFI and IAMB is expected to take place during December 2009.
Para. 1: decides to extend until 31 December 2009 the arrangements established in paragraph 20 of resolution 1483 (2003) for the depositing into the Development Fund for Iraq (DFI) of proceeds from export sales of petroleum, petroleum products and natural gas and the arrangements referred to in paragraph 12 of resolution 1483 (2003) and paragraph 24 of resolution 1546 (2004) for the monitoring of the DFI by the International Advisory and Monitoring Board (IAMB), and further decides that, subject to the exception provided for in paragraph 27 of resolution 1546 (2004), the provisions of paragraph 22 of resolution 1483 (2003), to the effect that petroleum, petroleum products and natural gas originating in Iraq shall be immune, until title passes to the initial purchaser, from legal proceedings against them, and not be subject to any form of attachment, garnishment or execution, shall continue to apply until that date.

The arrangements concerning the Development Fund for Iraq and the International Advisory and Monitoring Board and the immunity provisions will expire on 31 December 2009.
Iraq – report on relevant resolutions

Resolution 1859 (2008) of 22 December 2008
Para. 5: decides to review resolutions pertaining specifically to Iraq, beginning with the adoption of resolution 661 (1990), and in that regard, requests the Secretary-General to report, after consultations with Iraq, on facts relevant to consideration by the Security Council of actions necessary for Iraq to achieve international standing equal to that which it held prior to the adoption of such resolutions.

The report of the Secretary-General dated 27 July 2009 (S/2009/385) is before the Security Council.

Wonder if the IAMB will finally hand everything over to COFE this year??

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum