I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

President of the Federal Republic of Iraq and Prime Minister discuss Election Law

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

President of the Federal Republic of Iraq and Prime Minister discuss Election Law

(Voice of Iraq) - 02/12/2009

PNA-Prime Federal Republic of Iraq in a joint news conference after meeting with Iraqi Prime Minister today in Baghdad, the consensus between him and Prime Minister on all issues and outstanding problems that would impede the political process and democracy in the country.

We discussed the matter, adding in all the issues, problems and conditions and our views were in line one hundred percent, especially on the need to walk the Election Law as well as stand up against the conspiracies of anti-democratic process, which aims to revive the dictatorship.

For his part, the Prime Minister to have been addressing issues relating to guarantee the continued operation of the state and the political process and meet the challenges as well as sensitive and important issues at this stage, including the issue of elections and the need to hasten the end of what has happened controversy or disagreements about the law, adding the President will take the necessary steps to end this problem that is still pending until the elections take a detailed way as a vital and sensitive of the date of the political process.

In response to a question about whether the elections will be postponed or not the Prime Minister responded that "Do not postpone the elections, God willing, because it means the destruction of everything we built and sacrificed for him in the political process."

Adding that "the issue of agreeing on the items on which it runs some of the brothers in the Congress and the resource discussion with Mr. Talabani has been agreed upon, either the law will go but if you did not take it will be within the House of Representatives majority needed to pass for the third time."

For his part, Mr. Talabani said the Constitution gives the President and the Prime Minister and the Speaker of Parliament the right to extend for one month, adding: "We did not decide to date this topic should look into this, with the parliament speaker. We are next to the law passed quickly and not to postpone the elections, because elections necessary and according to the constitution must be held as scheduled. "

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum