I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

UNAMI/59/2009

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1UNAMI/59/2009 Empty UNAMI/59/2009 Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:18 pm

UNAMI/59/2009
Mission of the United Nations calls for the continuation of consultations on Camp Ashraf

Baghdad - 14 December 2009: The Mission of the United Nations to help Iraq during its various meetings with representatives of the Government of Iraq and the diplomatic corps in Baghdad to urge further consultation on the future residents of Camp Ashraf.

In the light of the announcement by the Government on taking initial steps on 15 December, Mr. Ad Melkert of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, reiterated the concern of the United Nations with respect to any action should be based on the principle of protecting the population from forced deportation or expulsion or return contrary to the principle of non-refoulement.

The mission calls for the United Nations to help Iraq, all the parties concerned to intensify their consultations to find a solution in line with Iraq's sovereign rights and legitimate international law and based on the freedom of individuals resident in the expression of their personal and seriously address the involuntary resettlement options outside of Iraq.

Still all from the United Nations to help Iraq and the country team of the United Nations committed to the daily follow-up of the situation at Camp Ashraf in the coming weeks so reverting to the practice of regular monitoring by both the mission and the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights over the past few years.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum